Graphviz4Net.Core is missing

Jul 2, 2012 at 9:25 AM

Graphviz4Net.Core  is missing and example is not running , exception...

Coordinator
Jul 6, 2012 at 10:35 AM

Can you specify which version of Graphviz4Net you are using? Is it the latest from CVS or any of the releases?

Jul 9, 2012 at 3:04 PM

I have gotten a little further trying to install Graphviz4Net, but still get an exception that prevents me from running the example.

Here's what I've done and where I'm stuck.

1) Downloaded the Sep 25, 2011, release of Graphviz4Net Beta.

2) Used Windows Explorer to unblock access to the DLL files in the Examples directory.  (This was necessary to avoid problems in steps 4-5 below.)

3) Loaded Example\Source\Graphviz4Net.WPF.Example.csproj into Visual Studio.

4) Resolved the Visual Studio complaints about the references to Graphviz4Net.Core, Graphviz4Net.WPF, and WPFExtensions by removing these references and then adding references to the files Graphviz4Net.dll, Graphviz4Net.WPF.dll, and WPFExtensions.dll in the Example directory.  Note that the name of the first DLL is just Graphviz4Net, not Graphviz4Net.Core. 

5) Ignored the message "NullReferenceException was thrown on 'Binding'..." that appeared in the Design pane for MainWindow.xaml.

6) Successfully built the Visual Studio project.

7) Set the Visual Studio debugger to break on all exceptions.

8) Started the Debugger.

9) Experienced the following exception:

System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception occurred
  Message=The system cannot find the file specified
  Source=System
  ErrorCode=-2147467259
  NativeErrorCode=2
  StackTrace:
       at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithCreateProcess(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
       at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start()
       at Graphviz4Net.DotExeRunner.RunDot(Action`1 writeGraph) in D:\Dokumenty\Steve\Dokumenty\Programovani\Vlastni-projekty\Graphviz4Net\src\Graphviz4Net.Core\DotExeRunner.cs:line 23
  InnerException:

Suggestions???

Coordinator
Jul 9, 2012 at 6:40 PM

Have you installed GraphViz on your machine and is the "bin" folder of GraphViz installation included in your PATH environment variable? I.e. if you open cmd and type in "dot.exe -help" does it show help for dot, or a message about non-existing program?

Jul 9, 2012 at 6:47 PM

Yes, GraphViz is installed, its bin folder is in my PATH variable, and I can run dot.exe in a cmd window.

Sep 24, 2013 at 7:36 AM
after a lot of debuging, i find out that is posible to set the path to dot.exe

GraphLayout.DotExecutablePath = "c:\temp\graphviz\bin";

and with this the error go away